- 250g cooked chicken breast, shredded100g rice vermicelli300g frozen peas and corn1 tablespoon Lee Kum Kee salt reduced soy sauce1 tablespoon garlic powder1 tablespoon onion powder1/2 teaspoon white pepper1 teaspoon ginger1 teaspoon coriander10 frozen spring roll pastry sheets300ml vegetable oil (preferably corn oil)Mae Ploy sweet chilli sauce
- Place vermicelli into a saucepan of boiling water. After 1 minute add peas and corn, and allow to boil for an additional minute.
- Drain vermicelli, peas and corn, and return to the saucepan off heat. Use a spatula to break the vermicelli into smaller pieces.
- Combine the shredded chicken and spices with the vermicelli. Add the soy sauce and mix.
- Pour oil into wok or separate saucepan and heat at medium.
- Wrap spring rolls by first placing a pastry sheet on a chopping board in a “diamond” orientation, and then adding approximately 2 tablespoons of filling in the centre. Fold the left, right and then bottom corners over the mixture and roll upwards, making the roll as tight as possible. If the top corner does not stick, wet it slightly with water.
- Cook spring rolls in the oil for 45 seconds or until golden, turning once. Drain on absorbent towel before serving with soy and sweet chilli sauces.
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Soy Sauce Salt Reduced
- Mae Ploy - Sauce Sweet Chilli