- 500g pork belly (small enough to fit in airfryer)
- ½ tbsp Shaoxing wine
- ¼ tsp five spice powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Coarse salt (for layering on top of the pork belly)
- Rinse and clean the pork belly and dry completely with paper towels.
- Mix the salt, five-spice powder and white pepper together.
- Using a skewer, poke many holes evenly around the skin of the pork belly to stop any bubbles from forming while it is roasting. Make sure as to not poke holes fully through the skin.
- Rub the Shaoxing wine on to the bottom of the pork belly before rubbing in the dry mix. Ensure that the skin of the belly is kept clean.
- Place the pork belly on aluminium foil and fold the sides on to the meat. You should be left with a wrapped pork belly but the skin should still be fully exposed.
- Place the pork belly in to the fridge to marinate and dry overnight. This is very essential to make the skin dry and crispy when cooked.
- Once the pork belly has marinated, remove it from the oven and brush the skin lightly with white vinegar before covering the skin with coarse salt to form a layer.
- Airfry the pork belly in an oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 mins.Then, take the pork belly out of the airfryer and remove the salt layer on top of the skin.
- Take the pork belly out of the aluminium foil and return the pork belly to the airfryer. setting it to 220 degrees another 10 mins or until the skin has become crispy.
- Remove the pork belly from the airfryer and let rest for at least 10 mins before cutting it in to bite-sized pieces to serve!
- Serve with ABC Extra Hot Chilli Sauce.
Product used in recipe
- ABC - Extra Hot Chilli Sauce