- **** Aloe Vera Drop Cake ****
- 500 mL - Yoosh Aloe Vera Drink (Lychee Flavour)
- 1/2 tsp - Aga-Aga Powder
- **** Roasted Soybean Flour (Kinako) ****
- 1 cup - Dried Soybeans
- 2 tbsp - Brown sugar
- **** Dark Sugar Syrup (Kuromitu) ****
- 100 g - Dark Brown Sugar
- 60 mL - Water
- 1/2 tsp - Table Salt
- **** Aloe Vera Drop Cake **** - My take on the classic “Rain Drop Cake”.
- - In a suitable size mixing jug, add the Aga-Aga to the Yoosh Aloe Vera Drink and stir to combine well to eliminate any Aga-Aga lumps.
- - Transfer to a saucepan and heat gently to bring to a simmer. Simmer gently for approx. 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer beck to mixing jug through a strainer to remove Aloe Vera pieces. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- - Once cool, transfer to a bowl of choice that when filled and set, will resemble a semi-sphere. Fill to top then refrigerate for approx. 3 hours or until set.
- **** Roasted Soybean Flour (Kinako) **** - You can either purchase store-ready Kinako however it is so easy to make and the aroma of home-made is unbeatable.
- - Take Soybeans and rinse well under cold water.
- - Cover Soybeans with water and soak for around 5 or so hours to re-hydrate them. Preferably over-night.
- - Once re-hydrated, rinse again and spread over paper towel to dry once more.
- - When dry, transfer to a lined backing tray into a pre-heated oven @ 150°c for around 45 mins. Inspect every now and then to move around to ensure an even roasting.
- - After roasting, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely to room temperature.
- - When cool, transfer to a grinder or small food processor along with sugar to blend until resembles a flour consistency. Set aside for later plating.
- **** Dark Sugar Syrup (Kuromitu) **** - Again, can be found store-bought but also so quick to make your own.
- - In a suitable size saucepan, add all ingredients and gently bring to a simmer while occasionally stirring.
- - Continue to simmer for around 3 minutes to ensure sugar & salt are well dissolved and reduced slightly. Remove from heat and allow to cool for plating.
- **** Plating ****
- - In the middle of your selected serving dish, gently turn out the Aloe Vera cake from its bowl by gently prying the edges and/or warming the bowl with your fingers enough to help release the mold.
- - On one side, spoon some of the Kinako and on the other side, gently pour some Kuromitu.
- Best eaten immediately by combining all three components in every spoonful. Enjoy
Product used in recipe
- Yoosh - Aloe Vera Drink Lychee