- Two ripe tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1/3rd red capsicum
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon white rice vinegar
- Juice of half a small lemon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Half a can of black beans
- Roast chicken (store bought) 2 cups of preferred meat shredded
- 1 small yellow capsicum sliced
- 1 white onion sliced
- Half a cup of chicken stock
- Tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon soy seasoning sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cornflour in 2 tablespoon cold water
- Soft wheat wraps (I used Wonder white hi fiber soft wraps, but any type could be used)
- Baby cos lettuce
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- 2 cups of precooked white rice.
- 4 spring onion stems sliced
- To make Asian style salsa:Cut 2 ripe tomatoes into 1cm cubes, and cut 1/3 of a red capsicum and half a red onion into very small pieces.
- Add onion, half the tomato and red capsicum to blender with 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, juice of half a small lemon, 1 tablespoon white rice vinegar and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and blend briefly.
- Add remaining chopped tomato for some chunky bits, stir. If everyone likes black beans then at this stage add a cup of black beans from the jar and put aside to soak up the salsa juices. If not just add the beans separately when playing up the burritos.
- Pulled chicken mix: Fry half a yellow sliced capsicum and one sliced white onion in 1 tablespoon of oil. Add 2 cups of store-bought roast chicken (shredded with skin removed). Fry briefly before adding half a cup of chicken stock, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of honey and stir through. Add cornflour mix (1 teaspoon mixed with a 2 tablespoon of cold water) to thicken the sauce. Once thickened remove from heat and set aside.
- To make assemble burritos: Lay out soft wheat wraps on top of a sheet of baking paper. Spread half a cup of warmed pre-cooked rice over the middle of the wrap.
- Over the rice lay, cod lettuce, chicken mix, salsa, extra black beans if desired, sliced red onion and sliced spring onion.
- Drizzle generously with Kewpie Mayonaise for creamy texture. Roll the burrito with the baking paper wrapping the whole thing and keeping it all together. Fold up the bottom of the burrito with the wrap and baking paper so the filling doesn’t fall out. Cut the burrito in half through the baking paper and serve warm.
Brands and product used
- Kewpie - Mayonnaise