- 200grams firm tofu
- 1 white bread roll
- 1/2 cup Plain flour
- Pinch salt and white pepper
- 1/2 cup rice puff cereal
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 4cloves of garlic chopped into small pieces
- 2 spring onion stalks sliced
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- Sriracha chilli sauce
- ABC sweet soy sauce kecap manis
- Fresh chilli sliced
- Few sprigs of coriander
- Cut 200g of firm tofu into 1cm wide chip shapes. Pat dry.
- In a small bowl mix 1/2 cup of plain flour mixed with a pinch of salt and white pepper
- In another bowl whisk 2 eggs and add 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce and mix through (use half for egg wash and keep half for omelette roll)
- Blitz 1 stale white roll in a blender and mix in half a cup of rice puff cereal that has been partly crushed by hand in a bag
- Coat tofu pieces in flour mix, then egg wash then breadcrumb mix.
- Heat 1 inch of oil on medium heat in a deep saucepan for 5-10 minutes. Check it is hot enough to fry by sticking a wooden chopstick in the oil to see when it bubbles.
- Fry tofu chips in oil in batches of about 5 until golden brown. Put on paper towel to drain
- While frying the tofu, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a small fry pan on medium to low heat. Add chopped garlic and fry until just crisp but not burnt. Remove from pan to use later.
- Add the whisked egg mix and fry until crispy on one side then flip and cook the other side until crisp. Remove from heat. Cool slightly then roll the egg and cut into slices.
- While still hot, arrange tofu chips on a plate, place rolled omelette on top. Drizzle kewpie mayo, sriracha and kecap manis in thin lines over the top.
- Sprinkle fried garlic over the top as well as sliced spring onion. Garnish with slices of fresh chilly and coriander sprigs if desired.
Brands and product used
- ABC - Sweet Soy Sauce