- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs mirin seasoning
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 chicken thigh fillets
- 100g vermicelli rice noodles
- 12 baby Cos lettuce leaves
- 2 carrots peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, matchsticks
- 1/2 Wombok cut finely
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 spring onion , finely chopped
- Combine the soy sauce, mirin, honey, oil and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Set aside for 15 mins.
- Drain the chicken, keeping the soy sauce mixture. Cook for 4-5 mins each side on medium chargrill. set aside for 5 mins to rest covered in foil.
- To make the pickled vegetables, combine the carrot, cucumber, wombok, vinegar, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Set aside for 5 , Drain well when done.
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Set aside for 5 mins to soak then refresh under cold water
- Heat the reserved soy sauce mixture in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil then add chicken,. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2 mins or until the glaze thickens slightly.
- Thickly slice the chicken. Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large serving platter. Top with the noodles, pickled vegetables and chicken. Drizzle with the glaze and serve with a teryaki dipping sauce.
Brands and product used
- Obento - Rice Wine Vinegar
- Lee Kum Kee - Teriyaki Sauce
- Obento - Mirin Seasoning
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil