- Udon noodles (850 grams)
- White Button Mushrooms (1.2 kilos)
- Brocoli (800 grams)
- Bok Choy (400 grams)
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Firstly, fill a bowl big enough for all of the noodles with boiling water and mix in a two tablespoons of sea salt
- Add 850 grams of Udon noodles and allow them to soak
- Slice 1.2 grams of button mushrooms into quarters and add too a large bowl
- Empty an entire bottle of LEE KUM KEE over the mushrooms and stir the sauce through evenly. Allow this to marinate while preparing the other ingredients
- Detach the brocoli trees from the stem and set aside. Dispose of the the brocoli stem or save for another recipe.
- Remove the leaves from the Bok Choy. Shred, and set aside.
- Slice the Bok Choy stems into long rectangles and set aside
- Heat a wok to its highest temperature and allow it to heat for three minutes.
- Add the brocoli to the wok and stir-fry for around three to four minutes to allow the outside to become slightly charred and the inside to remain crispy. Set these aside
- After removing the brocoli from the wok, give it a quick wipe with a damp microfibre cloth to remove any remnants of brocoli.
- Allow the wok to heat up. Drain the udon noodles. Add a drizzle of oil to the wok and add the noodles. Toss them quickly with tongs with for 1-2 minutes and set them aside.
- Wipe the wok. Allow it to heat for two minutes and add the Bok Choy stems. Stir for 2-3 minutes and set them aside. Stir-fry the shredded leaves for 60 seconds.
- Lower the wok to a medium high heat. Add the mushrooms that have been marinating in the vegetarian stir-fry sauce to the wok.
- Allow the mushrooms to cook for 15-18 minutes, making sure to stir every 2 minutes. Set the mushrooms aside.
- Assemble the bowls in a careful fashion into lunchboxes. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top to garnish. This recipe makes 6 wellness bowls
- Lunch boxes can be refrigerated for 4 days, or frozen for 4 weeks.
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Vegetarian Stir-Fry Sauce