- 2 cups sushi rice
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar
- Obento yaki nori for sushi
- Half an avocado
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- Put the rice and water in a saucepan on the stove. Turn the stove on high until the water boils, then turn turn the stove down to low and cook until the rice is soft and sticky and all the water is absorbed.
- Pour the rice wine vinegar onto the rice and stir through. Take the saucepan off the stove and set aside until the rice is cool enough to handle.
- Thinly slice the avocado, carrot and cucumber.
- Place a sheet of Obento yaki nori for sushi shiny-side-down. Place 2-3 large spoonfuls of rice onto the yaki nori. Use your fingers or the to back of a metal spoon to press the rice down evenly over the nori sheet until it is evenly covered in a thin layer of rice, leaving a 1 centimetre gap along the furthest edge
- Place slices of cucumber carrot and avocado on top of the rice along the nearest edge. Use the bamboo mat to carefully roll the sushi up, starting at the nearest edge and rolling away from yourself. Be careful not to roll the bamboo mat inside the sushi. Once the sushi is rolled into a log shape unroll the bamboo mat and slice the roll using a sharp knife
- Serve the sushi with soy sauce and your favourite pair of chopsticks
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Yaki Nori For Sushi