- 1 cup medium grain rice
- GOCHUJANG SAUCE: 100 gram rib eye meat thinly sliced, 2 tablespoon gochujang paste, 1 tablespoon Yeos Pure Sesame oil, 1 tablespoon Lee Kum Kee premium soy sauce, 2 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds,1 teaspoon garlic minced, 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 8 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 cup enoki mushrooms ends trimmed
- 1 carrot peeled and julienned
- 2 eggs
- Rice:It is always best if the rice is soaked overnight however if not prepared soaking in cold water for one hour beforehand will be sufficient.Rice can be prepared in a rice cooker according to package instructions. Alternatively bring two cups of water to the boil and cooking the rice for ten minutes stir and reduce the heat and simmer for another ten minutes. The rice should be cooked and fluffy.
- Gochujang sauce:In a small bowl mix the gochujang paste, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, sesame seeds and garlic. Add the meat and marinate for an hour.
- Red cabbage:Add the cabbage into a small bowl and add 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar and set aside to pickle.
- Cucumber:Add the cucumber into a small bowl and add 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar and set aside to pickle.
- Soybean sprouts:Boil two cups of water with 1 teaspoon of salt. Add the soybean sprouts and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and place in cold water to stop the further cooking process. Set the sprouts aside.
- Spinach:Add the spinach into 1 cup of boiled water and blanch for one to two minutes and Drain and place in cold water to stop the further cooking process. Set the spinach aside.
- Mushroom:Sautee the enoki mushroom in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
- Meat:Heat one tablespoon of oil in a skillet. Spread the meat on the skillet and sear for one minute before stirring the meat until cooked. Keep warm and set aside.
- Egg:Lastly heat oil in a frying pan and cook the eggs according to your liking.
- Assembling the bimbimbap bowl:Divide the rice among two bowls.Place the vegetables in sections on the outer area of the bowls going clockwise.Add the meat, bean sprouts, carrots, drained cucumber and cabbage, spinach and enoki mushrooms. Add the fried egg in the centre of the bowls sprinkle with sesame seeds and garnish with sliced green onions.
Brands and product used
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce