- Coconut Rice: •2 cups Basmati rice •165 ml TCC Premium Coconut Milk •1.5 cup water •3 Screwpine/ Pandan leaves, bruised •2 stick Lemongrass, bruised •1 tsp Salt •2 tsp Blue pea flower powder
- Anchovies Chili (Sambal Ikan Bilis): (a) Process into a paste: •15 Dried chilies, soaked, drained, deseeded and chopped •8 French shallots, peeled and chopped •3 Garlic cloves, peeled and chopped •1cm cube Belacan, toasted •3 Candlenuts (b) Other ingredients: •1 cup Dried anchovies (ikan bilis) •1 medium size Tomato, chopped •1 medium Yellow onion, sliced •1 tbsp Tamarind pulp, dissolved in 100ml water •1 tbsp Palm sugar •¼ tsp Salt •Cooking oil
- Shrimp Paste Chicken (Belacan Chicken): •500g Chicken drumettes •0.5cm cube Belacan, toasted •1 tbsp Hoisin sauce •1 tbsp Oyster sauce •1 tsp Sugar •1 tsp Sesame oil •20g Corn flour •30ml Water
- Cucumber & Pineapple Salad: •1 French shallot, thinly sliced •2 medium size Cucumber •4 slice canned pineapple •2 tbsp Fish sauce •1 Red chili
- Other ingredients: •Hard boiled eggs, cut into halves •Roasted peanuts •Fried shallots
- Rinse and drain the rice. Add all the ingredients for coconut rice in rice cooker and set to cook.
- Mix all the ingredients for Shrimp Paste Chicken and marinate for 10 minutes. Bake chicken in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes at 200°C until the chicken is slightly charred.
- Mix all the ingredients for Cucumber & Pineapple Salad in a bowl and leave for later use.
- Heat up oil and fry the anchovies until brown and crispy. Leave aside for later use.
- Process the ingredients for sambal into a fine paste. Heat the cooking oil and stir fry the paste until the paste is cooked. Add onions and tomato and cook until they are softened. Then add tamarind, palm sugar and salt and simmer for 2 minutes. Lastly, add the fried anchovies and stir well.
- Once the coconut rice is cooked, divide rice into plates. Serve the rice with Anchovy Sambal, Shrimp Paste Chicken, Cucumber & Pineapple Salad, Hard Boiled Eggs, Roasted Peanuts and Fried Shallots.
Product used in recipe
- TCC - Premium Coconut Milk