- 1 can of bamboo shoot (strips) in water (water removed)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 100g shiitake mushrooms (soaked in hot water for about 20 minutes before cooking)
- 2 pcs red and green cayenne long chili, sliced
- 2 tbsp LKK Panda brand oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp LKK pure sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 200 ml water
- To garnish:
- 1/2 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp white sesame seed
- Remove the water in the can of bamboo shoots. Set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or frying pan, add the minced garlic and fry for about 2 minutes or until the garlic turns slightly golden in colour. Add the onions and cook for another minute.
- Add the mushrooms and season with salt, pepper,sugar and oyster sauce. Mix well and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour-in water, cover with the lid and turn the heat to medium-low to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the bamboo shoots followed by the chillis and simmer for another 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Sprinkle with spring onion and sesame seed before serving. Enjoy and stay healthy!
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Panda Brand Oyster Sauce
- Lee Kum Kee - Sesame Oil