- 500g mushrooms
- 225g bamboo shoots x tins
- ½ cup tamari
- 1 cup cooking sake
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- ½ cup of bean sprouts
- 1 cup of coriander leaves
- 1 cup of mint
- Chilli Peanut Sauce
- 1 long, fresh red chilli, chopped coarsely
- ½ cup of dry roasted salted peanuts
- 10gm ginger; chopped coarsely
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Discard mushroom stalks. Place mushroom and bamboo shoots in a baking dish.
- Pour over tamari, sake and mirin. Stir in garlic.Cover with baking paper, then foil.
- Bake for 1 hour or until mushrooms are tender. Cool.
- Reserve some braising liquid. Make chilli sauce.
- Arrange lettuce, mushroom mixture, sprouts and herbs on a large serving platter. Drizzle with some of the remaining mushroom braising liquid.
- Top with chilli peanut sauce.
- Chilli Peanut Sauce.Place ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the reserved braising liquid; pulse to combine. Season to taste.
Brands and product used
- Valcom - Bamboo Shoot Slices