- 500 g minced pork
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 chilli, deseed and chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2tsp, minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass (White part only), finely chopped
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp, squid fish sauce
- To serve:
- Cooked jasmine or brown rice
- Shredded lettuce, sliced cucumber and tomato
- Spring onion and extra chilli for garnish
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add onion, chilli, garlic, ginger and lemongrass in the wok and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add minced pork and cook for another 2 minutes. Break up the meat while cooking.
- Add the sugar and fish sauce. Stir, then leave it to cook without touching until all the juices cook out and the pork starts caramelised - about 2 minutes. Then stir it and leave it again, without stirring, for around 30 seconds to get more caramelisation. Repeat twice more until caramelised to your taste.
- Serve over rice, accompany by salad and garnish with spring onion and chilli.
Brands and product used
- Squid Brand - Fish Sauce