- 1kg Pork scotch fillet.
- 240g jar Lee Kum Kee Char Siu sauce
- 2 TBS honey
- Chinese choko pickle (or any other Chinese style pickled vegetable).
- Steamed rice and vegetables to serve.
- Slice pork fillet lengthwise into two long pieces.
- Place pork in a ziplock bag with jar of Char Siu sauce and leave in the fridge to marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and take pork out of the fridge to come to room temperature for 1/2 an hour.
- Drain marinade into a small saucepan with the honey and reduce over medium heat until sticky.
- Place pork on a roasting rack over an oven tray. Pour boiling water into the tray to fill halfway, ensuring it doesn’t touch the pork.
- Smother pork with reserved sauce and cook for 30 minutes, basting with the sauce every ten minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn on grill. Position the pork as close to grill as possible and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes (turning as needed) until the pork is burnished and crispy.
- Leave pork to rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving in a bowl on some steamed rice with pickles and vegetables. Delicious!!
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Char Siu Sauce