- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Valcom Red Curry Paste
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 700g chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 2 teaspoons ABC Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon palm sugar, grated
- 900ml chicken stock
- 400ml can TCC Coconut Cream
- 500g fresh egg noodles
- 150g deep fried noodles (available from Asian grocery stores, or make at home by slicing wonton wrappers into 3mm strips and deep frying in hot oil until crisp)
- 1 cup bean shoots
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- 2 red Asian shallots, sliced
- Lime wedges, to serve
- In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil over a medium-high heat. Add Valcom Red Curry Paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant (around 1 minute).
- Add turmeric and chicken. Continue to cook, stirring, for another 3 minutes.
- Add stock, palm sugar, Squid Brand Fish Sauce and ABC Sweet Soy Sauce; Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium-low and add TCC Coconut Cream. Simmer for 12 minutes. Check seasoning and add a little salt if needed.
- While broth is simmering, prepare noodles according to packet directions. Drain noodles and divide into four serving bowls.
- Divide chicken evenly between the bowls of noodles and ladle over the hot curry broth.
- Top with bean shoots, fried noodles, sliced shallots, fresh coriander and sliced chilli to taste. Serve with lime wedges. Serves 4.
Brands and product used
- Squid Brand - Fish Sauce