- Sushi Rice 2 cups
- 1 Tsp of oil
- 200g of chicken
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tsp of Salt and Pepper
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- Yaki nori for sushi
- Obento sushi bamboo mat
- Panko crumbs (for chicken)
- Cut chicken into small strips with your knife
- To make the crispy chicken you will need, eggs and panko crumbs (or crumbs of your choice) Ensure these ingredients are separate into bowls
- Take your chicken strip and dip it into the egg first then coat it with the crumbs.
- Then, you can use either an air fryer or a fry pan to cook the chicken. Put in a tsp of oil into the utensil of your choice.
- Cook on high heat and cook the chicken for 10 - 15 minutes
- To cook the rice use a rice cooker or the stove to cook your rice. Place two cups of rice, and 2 1/2 cups of water. Once cooked add the sushi seasoning over the sushi rice while it’s hot.
- To prepare the sushi, ensure you have a clean workspace. Place the bamboo mat on a flat surface.
- Spread the cooled rice evenly over the Yaki Nori keeping about 2cm at the far end of the sheet free from rice.
- Put avocado along the rice in a straight line. Add your favourite filling eg. crispy chicken.
- Lift the bamboo mat from the back forward, tightly. Before reaching to the end ensure you wet the exposed strip with a little bit of water.
- You can either eat it as a roll or cut into 6 slices.
- Serve with soy sauce, ginger, wasabi and kewpie mayo. :)Enjoy!!
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Yaki Nori For Sushi
- Kewpie - Mayonnaise