- Ground chicken mince
- Chinese chives
- Sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- Chilli oil
- Rice wine vinegar
- Sesame seeds
- Chinese cabbage
- Spring onions
- Create the dumpling dough by combining flour and water, then kneading for ten minutes. When done, put in fridge i a bowel with a damp cloth on top.
- Make the dumpling filling by combining chicken mince, chopped chives, sesame oil, half the cabbage, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Take out dough and cut into manageable sizes. Cut dough furthermore into pieces roughly the size of your thumb. Then use a rolling pin to create thin dumpling wrappers.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of the dumpling filling inside each wrapper, and fold into a dumpling shape.
- Boil dumplings in a pan of boiling water until they float to the top, or alternatively pan-fry until golden on both sides.
- Cut up spring onion. Combine chilli oil, rice wine vinegar and soy sauce to create a dipping sauce. Pour dipping sauce over dumplings, as well as the spring onion and sesame seeds.
Brands and product used
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil