- 500g Chicken mince
- 227g Valcom Water Chestnuts finely diced
- 1 brown onion finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed and diced
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 small grated carrot
- 1/2 red capsicum finely diced
- 6 stalks of shallots finely diagonal sliced
- 2 teaspoon of corn flour
- 2 tablespoon of soya sauce
- 2 tablespoon of sweet soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon of water
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of peanut oil
- 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Lime wedges to garnish
- 2 small cos lettuces (2 per pack)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Medium heat olive oil in wok, add diced garlic and ginger and onion.
- Add chicken mince to wok and season with salt and pepper.
- While chicken is cooking. Place cornflour in small bowl/mug, using water to paste then add to mug soya sauce, rice wine and peanut oil. Set aside.
- Once chicken is semi browned add carrot, capsicum, sweet soya sauce, oyster sauce and brown sugar. Stirring occasionally further Cook for 3minutes.
- Once all wok ingredients have blended well add the corn flour mixture and stir through with half the sliced shallots. Mince now is complete
- Prepare baby cos lettuce leaves, place small mound of mixture per leaf and garnish with crushed nuts , shallots and lime juice. Enjoy
Brands and product used
- Valcom - Water Chestnuts Sliced
- ABC - Sweet Soy Sauce
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Oyster Sauce