- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli
- Thumb size ginger, peeled
- 2 onions
- 10 or so coriander stalks
- Teaspoon each turmeric, coriander, cumin
- 2 tins TCC Coconut cream
- 400ml chicken stock
- Two chicken breasts
- Squid brand fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Packet Obento soba noodles
- Snowpeas and/or green beans
- To garnish: Thinly sliced chilli, fresh coriander,
- Place garlic, deseeded chilli, ginger, coriander stalks and onions into a blender and blitz to a pulp.
- Heat some canola oil in a deep pan, add the pulpy mix and fry for a few minutes. Next, add the spices and fry for a further minute.
- Add the TCC Coconut cream, then make up the chicken stock in the empty can. Slosh between the two tins, then add to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Cut each chicken breast into two pieces. Turn down the heat and lay each piece into the pan. Leave to cook.
- Meanwhile, cook the soba noodles. Also cook up any green veg you like, taking care not to overcook.
- After 15 or 20 minutes, the curry is ready for you to add a few shakes of Squid brand fish sauce and the lime juice. Stir well.
- To serve, divide cooked noodles between four bowls and top with a generous ladle of the curry. It is quite liquidy, but can be cooked down if you prefer.
- Lay the green veggies on top.
- Garnish each bowl with chilli and coriander.
Brands and product used
- Squid Brand - Fish Sauce
- Obento - Soba Noodles
- TCC - Coconut Cream