- Chicken Thigh 4 pieces, bones removed
- Panko breadcrumbs 2 cups
- Dried tumeric seasoning
- Cajun seasoning
- Olive oil
- Udon noodles
- 1 egg
- Premium Soy sauce 1 Tbsp
- 500 mL Chicken stock
- Salad greens
- Cherry tomatoes (1 handful)
- 1/2 red capsicum (bell pepper)
- Dice chicken to pieces about 2cm square
- Crack egg into mixing bowl with soy sauce and a dash of olive oil
- Put the chicken and mix with your hands until chicken is well covered. Put bowl to one side.
- Mix panko breadcrumbs, tumeric and Cajun seasoning to taste (a few shakes each should be enough).
- Put pieces of chicken in breadcrumb mix, roll it around to make sure they are well covered. Place on another plate.
- Heat oil in a pan on low-medium heat, and put the chicken in. Turn pieces every minute or so until golden brown. This should take about 15 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, heat chicken stock and a dash of soy sauce in a pot on medium heat. When chicken is half done, turn the heat up.
- When the chicken stock is bubbling, add Udon noodles for 3 minutes, or as instructed by the package.
- While waiting for the chicken and stock, slice vegetables roughly and mix in a salad bowl.
- When the chicken is golden brown or white, serve in a bowl with noodles and soup at the bottom, chicken in the middle, salad on top, with a drizzle of mayonnaise if you're into that!
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce