- 500g Beef rump sliced thinly, 1tsp rice vinegar, 2tsp soy sauce, 1 egg white, 3tbs peanut oil, 6 shallots sliced, 1tbs finely grated ginger, 2 celery sticks sliced, 1 capsicum sliced in strips, 1 crushed Clove garlic, 1tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs oyster sauce, 1tbs shao shing chinese cooking wine, 1 tbs corn flour, 3/4 c water or stock
- Marinate beef with vinegar, 2tsp soy sauce and egg white 10 mins to one hour.
- Mix up corn flour, water or cold stock, 1 tbs soy sauce, shao shing, and oyster sauce, set aside
- Blanch celery 2 mins in hot water
- Add 1bs peanut oil to hot work and fry capsicum, celery, garlic, shallots and ginger. Remove from wok
- Add one tbs peanut oil to wok and fry beef and marinade until browned.
- Add vegetables and sauce to beef and fry until thickened. Serve with steamed rice.
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Panda Brand Oyster Sauce