- 500 gms mince pork
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Chinese sesame paste
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee chilli oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 packet Hakubaku Organic udon noodles
- 1/2 can corn kernels (about 180gms)
- 1/2 tsp Sichuan peppercorn, finely ground
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt for cooking
- 2 sprigs spring onion for garnish
- handful red basil leaves for garnish
- Green chilli for garnish
- Mix pork in dark soy sauce.
- Heat wok. Add peanut oil when smoking. When hot, add pork mince and cook about 3 minutes until brown. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Reheat wok. Add garlic, ginger, shallots and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add sesame paste, chilli oil, finely chopped green chilli, chicken stock and 1 tsp salt. Add corn.Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the udon noodles in boiling water for 8 minutes. Drain, then rinse well.
- Return the pork to the wok and stir through.
- Serve immediately. Plate up by pouring the sauce over the udon noodles. Sprinkle with Sichuan pepper. Garnish with spring onion, green chilli and red basil leaves.
Product used in recipe
- Hakubaku - Hakubaku Organic Udon
- Lee Kum Kee - Chiu Chow Chilli Oil