- 225 grams glutinous rice flour
- 180 grams wheat starch
- 300 grams dark brown sugar
- 60 grams granulated white sugar
- 300ml water
- 200ml TCC Coconut Milk
- 15ml vegetable oil
- 1 red date for decoration
- Brush the 16cm round pan with a little vegetable oil.
- In a medium-sized pot, heat 300 grams dark brown sugar and 300ml cold water until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Sift 225g glutinous rice flour, 180g wheat starch, and 60g granulated white sugar through a fine mesh strainer into a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Pour 1/3 melted sugar water mixture into a small bowl, and mix with 200ml TCC Coconut Milk. Then pour them into dry ingredients. Mix until creamy.
- Bring the remaining sugar water mixture to the boil, and add 15ml oil. Mix into bowl from previous step. Stir thoroughly until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the 16cm round pan, and then put the pan in a steamer and steam for about 1.5 hours on high heat.
- Remove from the steamer and allow to cool completely, and remove from round pan.
- Can be eaten sliced and reheated, or coated in egg-batter and pan fried.
Brands and product used
- TCC - Coconut Milk