- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3 cups water
- 500g pork belly, sliced
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 carrot, chopped
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy-based pot, heat the pork belly pieces, soy sauce, and water over medium flame. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce to a gentle simmer.
- Add the ginger, garlic, sugar, cinnamon, and sugar. Allow the pork to simmer for about 30 minutes, or up an hour if you want falling-of-the-bone tenderness.
- Serve pork with steamed rice.
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Double Deluxe Soy Sauce