- 5 pandan leaves
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 9 large egg yolks
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- A few drops of natural or artificial green colouring
- Cut pandan leaves into smaller pieces and blend them together with coconut milk until smooth. Pour liquid over strainer and press the mixture using a spoon or rubber spatula to squeeze out remaining liquid. You should have about 3 cups of pandan-coconut milk mixture. Add more coconut milk if you have less.
- Place egg yolks, sugar, salt and corn starch into a bowl and whisk until smooth. Then, whisk in pandan-coconut milk mixture gradually, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and gently bring it to a low boil over medium heat, whisking throughout the process. The mixture will begin to thicken. Once you see this happening, remove the saucepan from the heat. Add in a few drops of green colouring according to your preferred green tone.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving with Patongko, toast, steamed bread or dinner rolls.
Product used in recipe
- TCC - Premium Coconut Milk