- 4 tbl butter
- 1 tbl oil
- 4 onions diced
- 2 garlic gloves crushed and chopped
- 750 g fresh brown mushrooms
- 4 tsp chopped thyme
- 6 tbl flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 can light coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter and oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until melted. Sauté onion for 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and 2 teaspoons thyme, cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with flour, mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add stock, mix again and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium heat, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes, while occasionally stirring, until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in coconut milk. Allow to gently simmer (do not boil). Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
Product used in recipe
- TCC - Light Coconut Milk