- 1/2 wombok, finely shredded – about 4 cups
- 1 large carrot, grated – about 1 cup
- 4 radishes, very thinly sliced (on a mandoline if available) – about 1 cup
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Obento Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Yeo’s Pure Sesame Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tbs S&B Nanami Togarashi / Assorted Chili Pepper
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets – about 600g florets
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup Kewpie Mayonnaise Sriracha Flavour, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup Obento Panko Breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- 10 mini (15cm) wheat tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Fresh coriander, chopped, to serve
- To make the spiced Japanese slaw, place wombok, carrot, radish and spring onions in a large bowl. Mix brown sugar, Obento Rice Wine Vinegar, Yeo’s Pure Sesame Oil and sea salt together and drizzle over. Add S&B Nanami Togarashi and toss well. Refrigerate until required.
- Blanch the cauliflower florets for 2 minutes in boiling water. Drain on kitchen paper to dry. Place the rice flour into a plastic bag, add the blanched cauliflower florets and shake gently to coat. Remove the florets with tongs, shaking off the excess flour.
- Place the Kewpie Mayonnaise Sriracha Flavour into a large bowl, and add 2 tbs water, stirring to make a batter. Place the cauliflower florets into the Kewpie Mayonnaise Sriracha Flavour batter, turning to coat well. Place the Obento Panko Breadcrumbs into a large bowl, add the cauliflower florets and toss to coat well.
- Pour the oil into a deep-sided frying pan, to a height of approximately 1cm. When the oil is hot, fry the cauliflower florets in batches of ten pieces at a time, until golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes. Turn once, half-way through. Remove crispy cauliflower florets from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
- Warm tortillas according to packet instructions, and wrap in a clean tea towel or foil to keep warm.
- To serve, spoon spiced Japanese slaw onto each warmed tortilla, top with sliced avocado, 3 or 4 crispy cauliflower florets and a drizzle of Kewpie Mayonnaise Sriracha Flavour. Scatter with coriander, and serve with lime wedges for squeezing. Enjoy!
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Rice Wine Vinegar
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil
- S&B - Nanami Togarashi/Assorted Chili Pepper
- Kewpie - Kewpie Mayonnaise Sriracha Flavour
- Obento - Panko Breadcrumbs