- 500g pork mince
- 1 bulb garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 1 spring onion (white part), finely sliced
- 1 spring onion (green part), finely sliced
- 1 packet of dried bean curd sheets
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1 packet of Lee Kum Kee Ready Sauce for Cantonese Chicken
- Orange capsicum, finely sliced
- Red capsicum, finely sliced
- Cooking oil
- Chilli sauce (optional)
- Rehydrate bean curd sheets and shiitake mushrooms as per package instructions.
- Add garlic, ginger, shiitake mushrooms, chilli, white part of spring onion, a pinch of salt and pepper, and sesame oil to pork mince. Thoroughly mix.
- Whisk egg in a bowl.
- Dry the bean curd sheets with a tea towel. Carefully place 2 sheets on a flat surface. Cut sheets to size allowing approximately 4cm edge on both sides to overlap.
- Place pork filling approximately 6cm x 2cm along one end of the sheet. Fold edges into the centre. Use egg wash to seal all sides and roll it up.
- Repeat until all pork filling is used up (Makes 8).
- Shallow fry the rolls in hot oil until golden brown on all sides.
- Absorb excess oil with paper towels.
- Heat Lee Kum Kee sauce in microwave for 25 seconds. Pour sauce over the rolls.
- Garnish with capsicums and green part of spring onion. Serve with chilli sauce (optional).
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Ready Sauce For Cantonese Chicken