- 500-600 grams chicken tenders (or chicken breast cut into strips)
- Marinade:- 2 heaped tbs sour cream- 1 tbs sesame oil- 1 tsp Allspice- 1 tsp onion powder- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Crumb Mix:- 1 bag Pork rinds (50 grams), crushed- 1/4 cup dried shredded coconut- 1/4 cup almond meal (or bread crumbs)- 2 tbs sesame seeds- salt and pepper, to taste
- Kewpie Slaw:- 1/4 white cabbage, finely sliced- 1/4 cup Kewpie mayonnaise- salt & pepper- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Spicy Hoi Sin Sauce:- 2 tbs Hoi Sin- 1 tbs soy sauce- 1 tbs Siracha sauce- dash sesame oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 stem green onion, finely sliced (optional)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- In a large bowl prepare marinade by mixing sour cream, sesame oil, Allspice, onion powder and garlic powder till combined.
- Add the chicken to the marinade, mixing to ensure all chicken is coated. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes - 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Prepare crumb mix by crushing pork rinds (placing pork rinds in a zip-lock bag and crushing with a rolling pin is effective), shredded coconut, almond meal (or bread crumbs), sesame seeds and salt and pepper. Combine together well.
- Remove chicken from the fridge and coat each piece in the crumb mix, space each piece on the lined oven trays and drizzle with a little sesame oil
- Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes, turning once.
- Prepare Kewpie slaw by combining sliced cabbage, Kewpie mayonnaise and (optional) apple cider vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When done, remove crumbed chicken from the oven and use a sharp knife to slice into bite sized pieces. In bowls, add Kewpie slaw to the bottom and 3-4 slices of ripe avocado. Top with crumbed chicken.
- In a container prepare the spicy Hoi Sin sauce by mixing the Hoi Sin, soy sauce, Siracha sauce and sesame oil. mix well.
- Spoon the spicy Hoi Sin sauce over the crumbed chicken and Kewpie slaw. Garnish with sliced green onion, sesame seeds and lime wedges (optional)
- Serve immediately
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Hoi Sin Sauce
- Kewpie - Mayonnaise