- One large mature green paw-paw(inside has turned orange/yellow but still crunchy). Two green shallot stalks and 3 gloves of garlic.
- 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 large lime and 2 fresh red chillies. 3 tablespoons of Squid brand fish sauce.
- 1/2 cup crushed roasted peanuts and a bunch of purple basils.
- Salt? Meat?
- Skin, seed and wash the paw-paw, and shred it into a container. Cut the shallots green(2cm long) and chop the garlic finely, put all onto paw-paw.
- Add honey and chopped chillies into the salad then squeeze the lime juice onto the container and finally add the fish sauce and stir everything well together.
- Mix in the nuts and basils just before serving
- Adjust the fish sauce and salt to your liking. This salad goes well with chicken and pork .
Product used in recipe
- Squid Brand - Fish Sauce