- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsps peanut oil
- 1 small sweet potato, finely diced
- 2 potatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 eggplant, finely diced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3 tbsps Valcom Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp kecap manis
- 5 puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Heat oil in wok over medium heat. Cook onion, ginger and garlic until onion is soft.
- Add potato, sweet potato, eggplant, peas, curry paste, fish sauce and kecap manis. Stir to combine. Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly. Cook until potato is tender but not completely cooked.
- Use a stick blender to partially mash the mixture. You still want it to have some veggie ‘bits’ for texture.
- Cut circles into pastry using the rim of a glass. Place a tsp/tbsp of mixture into the centre of the circle (the amount of filling depends on the size of your circle). Fold the circle over to form a semi circle and pinch edges together.
- Place on a cookie tray and brush with the egg. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until brown. These are great to eat straight away or for a lunchbox snack.
Product used in recipe
- Valcom - Thai Red Curry Paste