- 16 pieces assorted homemade yong tau fu (stuffed vegetables with fish paste and/or ground pork)
- 12 pieces assorted hotpot ingredients (meatball, seafood moneybag, fried yuba skin etc)
- 2 cup vermicelli noodles, soaked
- 2 cup hokkien noodles, loosened
- 1 onion, sliced
- handful of curry leaves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 tbsp curry paste (*adjust accordingly to desired spice level)
- 250ml TCC Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Coriander for garnish, sambal for an additional spice kick
- Panfry the assorted yong tau fu on both sides, ensuring it is cooked through.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Blanch vermicelli noodles until soft, remove from pot and drain. Leave aside.
- In the same pot, blanch hokkien noodles until soft, remove from pot and drain. Leave aside.
- In a separate pot, bring to medium heat.
- Add vegetable oil, sauté onions until aromatic.
- Add curry leaves and curry paste, sauté until aromatic.
- Add chicken stock to the curry paste mixture, stir and bring to a boil.
- When it comes to a boil, add assorted steamboat ingredients. Leave to boil for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add TCC coconut milk, reduce heat to medium low and let it simmer until slightly thickened. Remove pot from heat.
- Portion vermicelli noodles and hokkien noodles half-and-half into 4 bowls.
- Add yong tau fu, meatball, seafood money bag and yuba skin to the bowl.
- Carefully ladle curry over the noodles.
- Garnish with coriander, optional add some sambal for an additional spice kick.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Product used in recipe
- TCC - Premium Coconut Milk