- 2 tblspn fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 700gms beef cheek
- 3 tblspn thick tamarind water
- 400gm can chopped tomato, drained
- 300ml TCC coconut cream
- Handful of mint and coriander, roughly chopped.
- Red paste:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 garlic cloves
- 4 large red chilli's, deseeded and chopped (use more for a spicier curry)
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and chopped.
- 4 tblspn tomato puree
- 4 cashew nuts
- 2tblspns oil
- 60gms cashew nuts, lightly toasted
- 60gms sultanas, fried briefly until plump.
- Rice, to serve
- Grind the ginger, turmeric, and seasalt together and rub over beef. Set aside
- Make the red paste by blending all ingredients together with 3 tblspn of warm water. Cook over low heat for 6 minutes. Stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile sear beef in a little oil until browned.
- Move beef to pressure cooker, add red paste, as well as 120mls of water, the thick tamarind water, and canned tomatoes.
- Pressure cook on high for 1 hour.
- Once meat is tender, use forks to pull it apart. Gently stir in coconut cream, coriander, mint, and salt if needed.
- Garnish with cashew nuts, sultanas and extra herbs.
- Serve with hot rice.
Product used in recipe
- TCC - Premium Coconut Cream