- Fish of your choice (whole or portion), I use 1 whole trevally fish
- 1/4 cup tempura flour
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 sour green mango, julienned
- 3 tbsp squid fish sauce
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- A handful of chopped coriander
- 1 chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup roasted peanut
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat.
- Put fish and flour in a Ziploc bag. Shake until well coated.
- Gently put fish in hot oil and cook until golden and crispy.
- While fish is cooking, mix fish sauce, lemon juice and sugar in a bowl . Put red onion, spring onion, coriander and chilli (if using) in and mix until well combined.
- Once the fish is cooked. Drain it on paper towel. Put it on a serving plate.
- Scatter mango over the fish and pour sauce mixture over it.
- Scatter peanut on top before serving.
Brands and product used
- Squid Brand - Fish Sauce