- 2 Tablespoon of vegetable oil.4 garlic cloves, minced.4 Tablespoon of minced ginger2 red chillies chopped.100 grams of peanuts.200 grams of pork mince.½ cup of soy bean paste.1 litre of chicken stock (low in salt).2 Tablespoon of Chinese Cooking Wine. It can be substituted with Mirin Wine.1 teaspoon of soy sauce2 teaspoon of brown sugar.1-2 cups of water.300 grams of fresh ramen noodles.100 grams of garlic shoots chopped.100 grams of bok choy finely chopped.200 grams of firm tofu chopped.Spring onion chopped to garnish.Chilli oil to garnish.Chopped chilli to garnish.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, chilli and peanuts. Cook for 1 minute.2. Push the mixture away from the centre of the wok. Add pork mince and cook until is brown.3. Add soy bean paste and stir for 1 minute.4. Add chicken stock, wine, soy sauce, sugar and 1 cup of water. Wait until it boils.5. Carefully, taste the broth and check the salt. If it is too salty, add 1 cup of water. Wait until it boils.6. Add ramen noodles, garlic shoots and bok choy. Cook for 1 minute.7. Add tofu. Cook for 1 minute.8. Serve in a bowl. Add spring onion, chilli oil and chilli to garnish.Serves 4 (big serves)
Brands and product used
- Hakubaku - Organic Ramen Noodles
- Yeo's - Spicy Soy Beans Paste
- Obento - Mirin Seasoning
- S&B - La Yu Chilli Oil
- Lee Kum Kee - Chilli Bean Sauce