- Sushi rice
- Obento rice wine vinegar
- Obento seaweed sheets
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- Fillings - avocado, tuna, chicken, cucumber
- Kids should be able to pack their lunchboxes with healthy food they enjoy making themselves. These kids DIY sushi rolls are so easy and delicious. Best of all, the kids make them!
- Cook the Obento sushi rice as the packet says.Place your sushi mat on a clean and flat surface (make sure the slats ate horizontal).
- Place an Obento seaweed sheet on top with the shiny side down
- Place the cooked sushi rice over the surface of the seaweed sheet (using wet hands helps as it gets sticky).
- Make sure to cover the sheet leaving about a 3cm border top and bottom. Go to the edges on the sides. Add your fillings (in this case it was avocado and tuna for some and cucumber and chicken for others, but you can use anything you like).
- Add a line of Kewpie Mayonnaise.Grab the edge of the mat at the bottom and roll it, holding the contents in place with your fingers. Wet fingers across the top edge can help seal the wrap.Cut the sushi roll into 3 cm pieces and refrigerate for happy, healthy lunch boxes.
Brands and product used
- Obento - Rice Wine Vinegar