- 300g fresh prawns
- 6 eggs
- 1 pkt dry bee hoon
- 60g assam paste
- 80g dried chilli
- 300g large red chili
- 5gm belachan
- 200g shallots
- 100g tau cheo
- 200g beansprouts
- 300g chives
- 100g small limes
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 200ml olive oil
- Soak bee hoon for 3mins in bowl of room temperature water.
- Add assam into 1.5ltr of warm water, soak for 15mins. Squeeze assam pulp until becomes thick juice. Drain and set aside.
- Blend soaked dried chilli, shallots, toasted belachan with 100g oil into a fine paste. Set aside.
- Add 100g oil in a heated wok, fry chili paste on low heat for about 8min till fragrant and oil starts to seep out.
- Add tau cheo, sugar and salt.
- Add bee hoon, mix with blended chili paste.
- Add in 2in long chives, bean sprouts and tau pok.
- Add in assam water till covering bee hoon. Mix and cover with lid. Bring to high heat and boil for 4mins till been hoon absorbs liquid and is soft. Add more assam water if needed.
- Add sugar and salt, as desired.
- Place bee hoon in big serving bowl, garnish with egg, prawns chives, chili and lime. Serve immediately.
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Soy Bean Sauce