- 8 fresh crabs (12-14cm wide)
- 10 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup & 2tbsp soy sauce
- Remove each crab's top shell, gills and inedible parts.
- Cut crab body into four with some of its legs/claws attached to each piece.
- Lay crab pieces on a large heat-proof platter
- Pour some water into steamer, and bring water to boil
- Place platter of crabs in the steamer, cover the lid, and cook over high heat for 15min.
- Remove and serve with dipping sauce
- Making dipping sauce:
- Mince garlic and fry with cooking oil on medium-low heat until garlic is pale-medium golden.
- Pour soy sauce into individual dipping bowls.
- Pour the cooked oil into each bowl, distribute minced garlic accordingly.
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce