- 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp YEO’S sesame oil
- 500g chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and finely julienned
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 tsp cornflour, mixed 2 tbsp water
- Bunch of basil leaves
- Scallions, finely sliced
- Red chilli, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 2 tbsp LKK light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp LKK dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Heat 1 tbsp of the sesame oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic, and chicken to the pan and fry for 5 mins.
- Pour in the sauce. Mix and reduce the heat to low. Cover with a lid and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add the cornflour mixture to the chicken. Mix and allow to simmer a further minute or until the sauce has thickened.
- Turn off the heat, then stir through the remaining 2 tbsp of sesame oil and the basil leaves. Top with finely sliced scallions and red chilli.
Product used in recipe
- Yeo's - Pure Sesame Oil