- 2 Carrots, julienne1 whole cucumber, julienneAvacado (if you wish) 2 pkts of yaki nori sushi sheets21/2 cups Sushi rice5 tbs White rice vinegar2 tbs Caster sugarPhiladelphia cheese
- Rinse and drain rice 3 times or until water runs clear. Place in a sieve over a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to drain
- Place rice and 2 1/2 cups cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until water has absorbed. Remove from heat and cool
- Place vinegar and sugar in bowl and stir over heat until sugar dissolves. Cool down. Then add to rice and fluff up till combined well.
- Place 1 nori sheet, shiny-side down, on a sushi mat. Using damp fingers, spread 3 tbs of rice over nori, leaving a 2cm strip at 1 short end. Spread cream cheese over centre of rice. Arrange one-quarter cucumber,carrot and avacado if using it over cheese. Using the sushi mat, roll up firmly to form a roll. Cut into 5 slices. Repeat with remaining nori sheets, rice, cheese, cucumber, avocado and carrot.Enjoy x
Brands and product used
- Obento - Yaki Nori for Sushi