- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup sliced spring onions
- 1 sliced chicken thigh
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups cooked overnight jasmine rice
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- Dash of ground white pepper
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 1. The key to really good fried rice is wok hei. And this can only be achieved in a hot, hot wok. No substitutes. So, heat a wok with oil until it's smoking hot.
- 2. Lightly beat 4 large eggs and pour into wok and scramble. Work really fast because the wok is really hot. Once eggs are cooked, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- 3. Add some oil to the wok and toss in the onions to cook for 1-2 mins. Then in goes the chicken slices, followed by mixed vegetables and spring onions. Season with some salt.
- 4. Add cooked rice to wok. Make sure to break up lumps so that the seasoning will be thoroughly mixed.
- 5. Add soy sauce, pepper, sesame oil and chicken bouillon, and keep stirring and tossing the rice in the wok until seasoning is well mixed. In goes the scrambled eggs, toss and serve. This is my best weekday dinner fix.
Product used in recipe
- Lee Kum Kee - CHICKEN BOUILLON POWDER