- Sesame oil
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 stalks of green onion finely diced, white and green parts separated.
- 1 bag of Coleslaw salad mix
- 500 grams of pork mince
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs Hoi Sin Sauce
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs siracha or hot sauce (optional)
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- sesame seeds (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- On medium heat in a large non-stick pan, add a dash of sesame oil, the garlic and red onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pork mince to the pan, breaking up and stirring with tongs every couple of minutes until the mince is cooks and just starts to brown. season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl prepare a sauce by combining the soy sauce, Hoi Sin Sauce, rice wine vinegar, siracha or hot sauce (optional) and sesame oil. Stir ingredients and set aside.
- When the pork mince just starts to brown, add the coleslaw salad mix, whiter ends of the green onions and tip in the sauce mix. Stir through slowly to combine for 2-3 minutes
- Make a well in the middle of the pan, then crack the two eggs into the well. Use the tongs to scramble the egg slightly.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and combine the eggs by slowly stirring though for about a minute. Turn the heat off completely and continue to slowly stir though the egg for another 1-2 minutes so the egg is evenly combined and cooked through.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with the darker/greener ends of the chopped green onions. Add the desired quantity of Kewpie mayonnaise to the top of the dish. Add more siracha/hot sauce and the sesame seeds if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Hoi Sin Sauce
- Obento - Rice Wine Vinegar