- The famous Indonesian "Es Teler" drink, reimagined as a yummy dessert of avocado coconut ice cream, pandan coconut waffles, aloe vera and pandan jelly, goji berries, vanilla coconut milk sauce, a salted caramel wafer, sweet jackfruit cubes, black sesame brittle, and a sprinkle of toasted salted coconut flakes.
- Ingredients for Avocado Coconut Ice Cream (Thermomix):2 avocadoes, flesh only; 1x 400ml can TCC coconut cream, frozen overnight in ice cube trays; juice ½ lime; zest ½ lime; 60 g light palm sugar
- Ingredients for Pandan Coconut Waffles: 1½ cups rice flour; ½ cup tapioca starch; ½ cup plain flour; 1 tbsp baking powder; 1 x 400ml can TCC coconut milk; ½ cup sugar; 2 tbsp vegetable oil; 1 tsp pandan paste; 2 flax eggs; pinch pink salt; cooking spray for waffle maker
- Ingredients for Vanilla Coconut Milk Sauce: 1 x 400ml can TCC coconut milk; pinch salt; 1 tbsp tapioca flour, dissolved in ¾ cup water; 2½ tbsp white sugar; 2 whole pandan leaves, knotted; 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Ingredients for Yoosh Pandan Jelly (cut as flowers): 500 ml Yoosh Aloe Vera drink; 5 g agar powder; juice ½ lemon; ⅛ tsp pandan paste
- Ingredients for Black Sesame Brittle:⅔ cup water; 1¼ water; 1 tbsp black toasted sesame seeds; 1 tbsp white toasted sesame seeds; ½ tsp salt
- To garnish: salted caramel wafer; canned sweetened canned jackfruit, cut into cubes; goji berries; shredded coconut or toasted salted coconut flakes; sprig of mint
- Method for Avocado Coconut Ice Cream (Thermomix): Mill sugar and zest 15 sec/speed 10, until very fine. Add coconut cream ice cubes, lime juice and zest, and blend 1 min/speed 1-5, increasing slowly until smooth and creamy. Scrape down, add avocadoes, blend 1 min/speed 1-6, increasing slowly until smooth and creamy. Scoop onto wafers and place on pandan waffle.
- Method for Pandan Coconut Waffles: Blend all ingredients together in blender. Leave to sit for 30 minutes. Heat waffle maker. Cook waffles according to waffle maker instructions.
- Method for Vanilla Coconut Milk Sauce:Whisk coconut milk and salt in small saucepan over medium low heat until just below boiling. Add tapioca flour mixture to saucepan and heat over low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. When mixture starts to thicken and mixture is almost boiling, add sugar, pandan leaves and vanilla paste. Continue to cook on low for 2-3 minutes or until thickened to desired consistency, remove from heat. Remove pandan leaves and discard. Set sauce aside to cool slightly before drizzling over icecream.
- Method for Yoosh Pandan Jelly: Bring 100ml of Yoosh Aloe Vera drink and agar powder to the boil in small saucepan. Take off heat. Stir in remaining Yoosh Aloe Vera drink, pandan paste and lemon juice. Pour into mould and put in fridge to set. Cut into pretty shapes and place around pandan waffle.
- Method for Black Sesame Brittle: Combine sugar and water in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved, occasionally brushing down sides of saucepan with wet pastry brush. Increase heat, boil without stirring until mixture is dark golden brown, approx 15 minutes. Stir in sesame seeds and salt. Pour onto baking tray lined with baking paper. Spread evenly. Cool 10 mins until just set, score into neat shards. Leave to fully cool before snapping shards and placing them around the waffle.
Brands and product used
- Yoosh - Aloe Vera Drink