- For a serving of four - 500 g frozen scallop meat (thawed)
- 50 g dehydrated snow fungus (re hydrated)
- 2 tbs teriyaki marinade
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 spring onions (sliced)
- 1 tsp S&B salt and pepper seasoning
- Serving – fresh udon noodles
- In a small bowl, mix scallop meat, teriyaki & soy sauce and set aside for a quick marinade.
- In a hot wok, heat 2 tbs vegetable oil and add snow fungus and toss for approx. 30 seconds before adding all the scallops along with marinade juices.
- Reduce the wok heat to medium and allow to braise with a stir every now and again for around 5 minutes being mindful not to ever cook scallops.
- In parallel, prepare noodles as per packet directions in readiness for plating.
- When scallops have about one-minute remaining, add spring onions with salt and pepper seasoning for a final stir through.
- When scallops are just done, remove from heat and serve while hot on a small amount of noodles.
Brands and product used
- Yeo's - Light Soy Sauce
- S&B - Seasoned Salt & Pepper
- Obento - Teriyaki Marinade
- Obento - Udon Noodles