- 300 g Sirloin Pork (thinly sliced into strips)
- 4 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Obento Mirin Seasoning
- 2 tbsp. Obento Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Squid Fish Sauce
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 3 tbsp. Chopped Garlic
- 1 cup Cooked Rice
- 1 pc. Fried Egg
- 1 pc Tomato (Sliced into few pieces)
- 1/2 pc. Cucumber (Sliced into few pieces)
- 1 pc. Red Onion (half sliced, the other half chopped)
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Get a bowl and dilute soy sauce, mirin sauce, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, paprika, sugar & pepper.
- Add the garlic and sliced pork in the bowl and marinate for 15 minutes for the Tocino.
- Put pan in medium heat with drizzled oil then add garlic. Saute garlic for 1-2 minutes then add the cooked rice. Toss and season with salt & pepper then mix well.
- Put the garlic fried rice in a bowl and then wipe the same pan used for the fried rice. Put the pan back in high heat and drizzle some oil.
- Fry the marinated pork for 5-8 minutes. When pork is cooked, it’s now our Tocino. Place it on top of the garlic fried rice in the bowl.
- Arrange the sliced cucumber, tomotoes and red onions on top of the fried rice beside the Tocino. When everything is arranged, top with fried egg.
- Essential for Filipino Tocilog is the rice wine vinegar dip, just put desired amount of vinegar in a small bowl, add 1 tsp chopped garlic, onions, salt and pepper. Now the sumptuous bowl is ready!
Brands and product used
- Obento - Mirin Seasoning
- Obento - Rice Wine Vinegar
- Squid Brand - Fish Sauce