- 500 grams of cooked Tuna
- 400 grams cooked potatoes
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 cup of cooked mixed vegetables diced (carrot, corn, peas)
- 1 tbsp dijon/whole mustard
- Salt and pepper as preferred
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Oil for cooking
- Kewpie Mayonnaise for dressing
- 2 finely grated garlic cloves
- Salad for side dish
- Lemon (option) to serve as dressing
- Add cooked potato and tuna to bowl and mash.
- Add onions, garlic, milk, mustard, mixed vegetables, eggs and salt and pepper and stir well to combine.
- Pour panko bread crumbs into separate bowl.
- Use a large dessert spoon to scoop up the mixture and shape with your hands to form a ball.
- Coat fish cakes with panko bread crumbs onto a plate and repeat until mixture is gone (approximately 15 cakes)
- Place cakes in fridge/freezer for 10 mins to retain shape.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes before carefully flipping and cooking for a further 3 minutes on the other side or until nice and brown.
- Repeat until all of your fish cakes have been cooked.
- Serve with Salad. Add lemon/mayonnaise for dressing.
Product used in recipe
- Kewpie - Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Obento - Panko Breadcrumbs