- 2.2 kgs diced lamb
- 3 medium onions
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 2 large sticks celery
- 15 to 30g curry powder
- 1 large green apple
- 2 small bananas
- 60g sultanas
- 150 ml TCC light coconut milk
- 1 stock cube
- 300ml hot water
- 60g mango chutney
- Mixed herbs
- 30g plain flour
- 1.5 cups long grain rice
- A fruity curry inspired by the apple curries of Nagano. Toss the diced lamb in sufficient plain flour to coat.
- Dice or slice the onions and celery.
- Core and slice the green apple.
- Coat a large pan in oil.
- Brown the cubed lamb in one half of the pan.
- Add onions, celery, apple and garlic to other half of pan.
- Combine together when meat is lightly browned.
- Heat curry powder, herbs and plain flour together in a corner of the pan.
- Stir through all ingredients.
- Crumble stock cube over.
- Stir in hot water.
- Simmer on low heat for 20mins.
- Boil water for rice and cook rice to taste.
- Before serving the curry, stir in chutney, sliced banana, and coconut milk.
- Serve curry on a bed of rice.
Product used in recipe
- TCC - Light Coconut Milk