- 4 chicken boneless thigh fillets (skin on – cut into roughly 3cm bite size squares)
- 1 cup yakitori sauce to marinade
- Serving – steamed rice
- Serving – finely chopped spring onion
- Serving – kewpie mayo
- Ensure you have some lump coal heated and ready to go & some bamboo skewers pre-soaked in water.
- Place chicken into bowl/container carefully not to dislodge the chicken skin along with the yakitori marinade. Mix gently and let sit for as long as possible, but you can get away with at least 15 mins.
- Place chicken on skewers by piercing in the center remembering to keep the skin on the chicken until you have enough for a serving per skewer (approx. two thighs per serve). Keep reserved marinade for basting
- Place skewers over coals at a Hight to gently cook the chicken but not to burn skewers. Using the reserved marinade, baste and turn at regular intervals until slight charcoal edges begin to appear and chicken firm and cooked through.
- Serve over a bowl of rice with a garnish a drizzle of kewpie & a sprinkle of spring onions.
Brands and product used
- Kewpie - Mayonnaise
- Obento - Yakitori Sauce