- 15 extra large prawns
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- a pich of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup plane flour
- 3 tablespoon kewpie mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon S&B wasabi paste
- 500ml of vegetable oil for deep fry
- Preheat enough vegetable oil for deep frying to 180 degrees. Peel the prawns then clean the back of the prawns.
- Season the prawns and then add the egg yolk and lemon juice, mix well. And then coat the prawns with flour.
- When the vegetable oil has reached 180 degrees, add the prawns into the oil and deep fry for 1 minute, take out the prawns from the oil and then increase the temperature of the oil up to 200 degrees and add the prawns into the oil again and deep fry for a further 30 second.
- Let's make a wasabi dipping sauce, put the kewpie mayonaise ,dijon mustard and wasabi paste into the bowl mix well. And then add the prawns into the wasabi sauce.
Product used in recipe
- S&B - Wasabi