- 250 g pork loin (sliced thinly)
- 1 tbs Chinese cooking wine
- ½ tbs corn-starch
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice
- 4 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- ½ Inch piece ginger (thinly sliced)
- Approx. 10 snake beans (cut into 2.5 cm pieces)
- 2 x baby bok choy (stems separated)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp premium soy sauce
- 1 tsp S&B salt and pepper seasoning
- Thickening Slurry - 1 tbs light soy sauce
- Thickening Slurry - 1 tbs corn-starch
- Garnish - toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, mix pork, cooking wine, corn-starch, 5 spice powder well and set aside.
- For thickening slurry for later, mix the soy sauce and corn-starch well and set aside
- In a hot wok, heat 2 tbs vegetable oil and add garlic and ginger. Stir for about 30 seconds before adding snake beans with bok choy and toss thoroughly.
- Add to the wok the chicken stock with soy sauce and when it starts to simmer, add the pork with salt and pepper seasoning and simmer for about three minutes.
- Mix slurry one final time before adding to the wok to combine and thicken the sauce.
- Once thickened (about another minute), remove from heat and serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Enjoy while hot!
Brands and product used
- Lee Kum Kee - Premium Soy Sauce
- S&B - Seasoned Salt & Pepper
- Yeo's - Light Soy Sauce